WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Tuesday 17 July 2007

Sordid details and politically correct comments postponed …but in the meantime some marketing (yawn) …

I realise you may be straining at the leash to hear about the stripper, immigration and so on, but here’s something that may be of practical interest.

I wrote an article on subscriptions marketing a little while ago that my friend Peter Hobday published on his website. It may make you think. Look at

http://www.subscriptionsstrategy.co.uk/articles/Drayton-Bird-on-UK-publishers.

I don’t know of anything harder to write copy for than subscriptions – nor anyone who has as much good advice on the matter than Peter.

------“Don’t be such a wise-guy, Drayton.”------

I once worked with a man who had cost the Mafia a ton of money – and lived.

When I got carried away he would say “Don’t be such a wise-guy, Drayton.”

So having promised to point out something stupid each week, I thought I’d be complimentary for a pleasant change.

In a store window by Piccadilly Circus I saw this line: “How old is your brain?”

Immediately I thought, is my brain older than my body? Or younger? Or just useless, as I fear? How do I make it young? Or keep it young?

Who would not be interested – no matter how old they are?

If only I could write stuff as provocative as that every day!

blog comments powered by Disqus