WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Thursday 22 July 2010

Why is that man Bird so BLOODY INCOMPETENT?

There is a humbling passage in the 1662 Book of Common Prayer - no I'm not THAT old - that I recall from my early years at school, when I was subjected to year after year of organised guilt.

It ran, "We have left undone those things which we ought to have done; And we have done those things which we ought not to have done; And there is no health in us."

This sprang to mind because from time to time kindly souls write to point out that I have screwed up one way or another, and sometimes both.

Is this, you may wonder, because I am senile, stupid, forgetful, idle, useless or all five?

If I explain, you will sorry for me. At least I hope so.


The key lies in something I often say and firmly believe: Don't just think about doing things. Do them.

The older I get the more I believe this - but the less time I have to do things. So I have FAR too many things on the go.

So, besides writing copy, making speeches, doing interviews, seminars and webinars ...

I'm preparing for the next
EADIM residential course in London - but shamefully haven't quite finished duplicating the 40 plus hours of video from the last.

I'm revising the structure of my Commonsense Learning Programme which may have greater stamina than other similar things, but should be restructured and simplified.

I have a programme aimed at Corporate Marketers - a £20,000 investment that has been lying around - but needs fully reviewing.

I have a new book drafted that I must go through - with a cover design I don't like.

This is not to show what a busy old boy I am - just explain my lapses. I hope it buys a little understanding.

Anyhow, some mysteries are beyond even the keenest intellect.

A client who watched today's webinar said he couldn't on Firefox, but could on Explorer.

Odd, because two of my colleagues were watching on Firefox at that very moment

Some other oddities are maddening to someone as un-teccie as me. For instance, lots of you get these blogs by e-mail, which is just wonderful and much appreciated - but not much help if I try to embed a video.

Anyhow you can see the video mentioned in my last post at:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdeuqFabhQ. Don't ask me why my face is squashed. I have no more idea than you. It just INFURIATES me.

And to sign up for that webinar or all three, just go to: www.draytonbird.com/proper.

Incidentally someone wrote to me asking which webinar system I recommend. That made me laugh. I just said they all stink - but in different ways

blog comments powered by Disqus