WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Friday 20 August 2010

Are you one in 10,000? I was not a good enough copywriter for Money Week. Maybe you are

I don't know about you, but I find it hard to remember my successes - whilst my failures haunt me for ages.

One such occurred about 3 years ago when I was trying to beat Money Week's control. I just couldn't crack it. Got the tone wrong - and to be fair to myself, I used an idea suggested by one of my colleagues which I thought excellent- but it wasn't.

Now Money Week are looking for trainee copywriters. If you secure the job, you'll be getting paid to learn expertise in probably the highest-paid category in the business. Go and have look http://www.moneyweek.com/about-us/moneyweek-careers.aspx.


The ad alone will teach you a few lessons about copy - and as they rightly point out only one person in 10,000 makes it as a successful copywriter.

If, on the other hand you are not only interested in copy - but would like to learn from some of the world's ablest marketers - why not trot along to
http://directmarketingcourse.com?




blog comments powered by Disqus