WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Thursday 27 January 2011

Students leader talks bollocks - as usual - plus a new free video coming up

Since 1975 every President of the National Union of Students has gone on to become a politician, almost invariably in the Labour Party.

The best (or worst) example is Jack Straw who went on to become one of The Great Bliar's and subsequently The Bloated McToad's slimiest sidekicks.


You can't expect a trainee politician, or Compulsive Liar in Embryo, to talk sense - which is why it was no surprise to read that the current President of the students' crew, Aaron Peter, thinks the present government is placing most of the burden of our current woes on young people.

I saw this in a piece about the fact that the number of graduates who can't get jobs has doubled.

This is a shame, but if you were to ask me who is suffering most I would say Aaron is full of shit. The people who have been getting a right kicking for the last 14 years have been older people, those who made the mistake of saving money for retirement.

First of all half their savings were stolen by the reptile Brown, then the return on what was left was slaughtered as a result of the financial cock up caused to some degree by the squandermania of the said McToad and Bliar. Now if you do save the banks give you fuck all interest in order to afford their bonuses - and if you want to borrow, oh dear!

Returns are dire; annuity rates are the lowest in history - and I could go on about what I can only call the biggest financial rape in British history which actually discourages saving. And all the while the politicians, union leaders and retired bankers enjoy their index-linked pensions.

And by the way, one reason students can't get jobs is that far too often they have not been taught to write English properly because of the fashionable drivel that expressing yourself as you please matters more than being coherent.

Enough of all that. I have finally, finally managed to extract from the maw of the large organisation responsible two videos made in New York in the summer.

One is me interviewing "the world's greatest salesmen" and the other is him interviewing me about what I think is the secret of great selling with a potted history of my career and many mistakes.

I looked at them yesterday and was amazed. They really are rather good and - in my view, anyhow - quite entertaining.

But who said I was in love with myself?

My new boss, the radiant Chloe, will put one up for you to see when she is satisfied that it meets with her demanding criteria.



blog comments powered by Disqus