WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Thursday 13 October 2011

Live in trailer park? Desperate and literate - but stupid? Here’s how to get rich. Almost as good as stuffing envelopes.

My friend Andrew Gadsden, "Saviour of Tea" - his business is selling tons of tea - forwarded a hilarious email message from someone called the PPC Web Spy.

The subject: “Can I hire you to write for me?” It read:

Hey Andrew, myself and over 2,400 others are looking to hire people that can write simple 300 word articles.

We'll pay you for every single article you write. There's no limit to how much we'll pay you. Write as much as you can, and make as much as you can.

Ok, so here's how it works:

1. Go here and create a free account:

2. Sign up to become a "writer" by clicking on the big blue write articles button.

Then start writing articles for people. Once you become a "top writer" (which doesn't take long at all) you'll be able to earn $5+ for each article you write. You could essentially spend a few hours writing articles and pay off ALL of your house bills in a couple of days!

There is literally no other guaranteed way to earn income, where you decide how much you want to write and earn. It's entirely up to you.

In the few weeks that iWriter has been open, I've already sent out close to $76,000 in payments to writers! Needless to say, you can make very good income doing this.

Go there now and sign up right away. You'll be glad you did.

Suck your dummy, you moron (sorry, I made that up)

***
At 75 I really should give up and leave everyone in peace or maybe become a "top writer" at $5 a time but here's why I keep bumbling on – messages like this that I got yesterday:

I am Mihai from Romania, an EADIM graduate from the first year of your program. I just want to share with you my last project, an online viral ad for a promotion for the efix gasoline.

In 10 days we got almost 150 000 views on video sharing channels and on facebook 18,000 people share it on their wall.

Name of the campaign is "Efix from one horse power up!": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7TOd0UgdrA


Very funny - and more to the point, very good.

***

Another illusion shattered …

Andrew Dumas wrote to me saying “I enjoy your blog entries immensely. Unfortunately, I suspect that the information you received concerning use of overseas call centers may be based on urban legend.

I recalled hearing something similar based on alleged U.S. law. A Google search yielded this link: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/ask-tranfer-uk-rep-law.shtml .”

Actually I had heard that, too. Yet as I have met Lesley Southgate and she said she'd tried it I assumed she was telling the truth. Mind you, she said she was put through to someone in Newcastle on Tyne.

The first time I met anyone from there was when I was a great deal younger, staying in a caravan by the sea.

I was standing at a juke box wearing my regulation greasy hair complete with quiff and, believe it or not, blue suede shoes. A lad said something to me in broad Geordie. He had to repeat it twice before I realised he was asking the time.




blog comments powered by Disqus