WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Tuesday 27 March 2012

"I don't care what you say as long as you spell my name right" - The glories of marketing dyslexia, and what I think about social media

I've never mentioned this, but the radiant Chloe who keeps me in line suffers from slight dyslexia.

Happily this doesn't stop her doing a great job and bossing me around with great enthusiasm, undiminished by my brainless incompetence.

So I was glad today to see that I'm not the only fool on the block.

About three weeks ago I went to do a video interview with E-marketing News. I haven't seen it all yet, but they've just put up something I said about social media among other things.

The name of the guilty party is Peter Middleton, and what's amazing is that this is the second time he has interviewed me.

The whole experience must have been too much for him - so he renamed me Drayton Byrd.

He said the interview as a whole was very good and he's probably corrected the mistake by now, but you can see the clip about 6 mins 10 secs into this: http://emarketingnews.tv/?Ref=email&dm_i=87U,R12G,19IRF3,26LAP,1

By the way, do you think I could charge higher fees if my name was Byrd?

blog comments powered by Disqus