WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Monday 19 November 2007

Drayton, you idiot! It's Michael, not Tony

I was lying in bed last night wondering what is my worst quality.

This works much better than counting sheep as there is a limitless catalogue to select from.

Anyhow, in business I decided it is a close run between sloth and sloppy inattention to detail.

That's why I renamed the head of Ryanair Tony when his name is Michael. Either way, it's a good story, and thank you to Michael Rhodes, who pointed this out.

I also got a message from Denny Hatch (see his splendid blog, by the way) who is going to write about the very same subject as me - the ad campaign I saw at the railway station in Brussels.

I'm worried lest he has a different opinion to me: he is almost invariably right about things to do with marketing - but let's see.

blog comments powered by Disqus