WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Friday 21 March 2008

An Australian talking dog story


Having been brought up in a pub I acquired a taste for silly jokes that has never left me, so I liked this one, sent to me by the publisher of Meininger's Wine Guide, for whom I am scratching my head to write an article.

Anyhow, here it is:

A guy was driving around the outback and saw a sign in front
of a broken down house: "Talking Dog For Sale".

He went up to the the front door & knocked.

The owner appeared and told him the dog was in the backyard.

The guy went into the backyard and saw a nice looking
blue heeler cattle dog sitting there.

"Do you talk?" he asked.

"Yep," the dog replied.

After the guy recovered from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he said:
"So, what's your story?"

The bluey looked up and said,

"Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young.

I wanted to help the government, so I told the Federal Police.

In no time at all, they had me jetting from country to country,
sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog
would be eavesdropping.

I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running.

But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any
younger so I decided to settle down.

Signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security,
wandering near suspicious characters and listening in.

I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch
of medals.

I got married, had a bunch of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The guy was amazed. He went back inside and asked the owner
what he wanted for the dog.

"Ten dollars," the man said.


"Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you
selling him so cheap?"

"Because he's a liar. He never did any of that shit."

blog comments powered by Disqus