WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Tuesday 28 September 2010

"8 things that are dirtier than your toilet" - is that a great headline, or what?

I saw that on Yahoo, and I defy you not to want to know what they are.

I only quoted it because Warren Cottis from Australia scolded me yesterday for not delivering what I promised.


He reminded me that a couple of weeks ago I recorded a new set of helpful ideas, swore I would stick one up every two days - then promptly reneged on the promise.

I have no excuse, except that I have a tragic problem: I am constantly being side-tracked - by myself.

I have the ultimate grasshopper mind - never cease having thoughts about this and that, and the minute I have them, out they pop.

Anyhow, one of the ideas had to do with THE most important element in an ad, insert or mailing: the headline. You might be surprised by what I reveal. Here it is.

You can watch the video, or listen to a podcast, whichever you prefer. And I faithfully swear that I will put up all the ideas (there are 11 in all, I think).

blog comments powered by Disqus