WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Monday 27 September 2010

Number 1 in Google within 2 hours for $19 and an hour's work. Is this possible? Come and see

Any time I start to think I know it all, someone teaches me better.

Here's the story.

Once a month I run three hour sessions in my office where I fondly imagine I help people improve their businesses.

The truth is they often give me ideas.

For instance, imagine how I reacted when one man told me how for a massive investment of $19 and an hour's work he rocketed to the Number 1
and Number 2 spots on Google against 12.7 million other entries in the same category - in two hours.


Frankly, I was as sceptical as I bet you are. It sounds like one of those cons that besmirch the internet every day.

But the extraordinary thing is, he's done it twice. And the other extraordinary thing is that he isn't a wild-eyed geek or a smooth-talking pitchman. He is about as conservative and quiet as you could possibly imagine.

I am not one of those who believe the be-all and end-all of business success is to get to those top Google spots, but it sure helps.

How was it done? To find that out you have to attend EADIM.

As you may have noticed, that is an event about which I am slightly biased, so I am arranging to run a free webinar featuring one of the speakers and a delegate.

Interestingly the delegate in question already had a very successful business before joining us. Strangely enough successful people seem to believe in learning more than unsuccessful ones.

There may be a moral there.

You can register here.


The other person on the free webinar is one of my co-speakers, a very entertaining Dane called Michael Leander. You can see 60 seconds of him here

blog comments powered by Disqus