WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Wednesday 23 September 2009

Fondly dedicated to the relief of hairy marketers

We have a certain fondness for Ricky Gervais here, as his producer operates above us in darkest Newman Street, W. 1.

So have you noticed that ever since he made The Office wearing a ludicrous goatee lots of people, instead of drawing the sensible conclusion, have started sporting these silly examples of facial topiary?

For instance I just got yet another e-mail from some genius who promises to make me richer than Croesus practically overnight through the miracle of e-mail marketing - and, yes, he was wearing a goatee.

So Crispin, one of my colleagues, helpfully drew my attention to The Goatee Saver, illustrated above. Wonderful, isn't it?

Incidentally, if you suspect that goatees are suspect, and it may take a little longer to get rich here's an idea. Why not join me for a day or two at our Eadim event in a couple of weeks? We've reluctantly decided to offer it by the day, because most people can't afford the full week out of the office.
.
Go and have a look now and let me know what you think. You can see the EADIM site here, but details on each individual day are here.

blog comments powered by Disqus