WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Monday 13 August 2007

“The new Peugeot 207 – the drive of your life”

Do you ever wonder, as I do, why copywriters come out with such utter tripe?

It would do them good if they were forced to sit with their customers and see how their stuff is greeted, night after night, by normal thinking human beings.

For instance, the line above about a pretty ordinary little box on wheels got this reaction from the love of my life last night

“F*** off - “the drive of my life”. Not a Ferrari, is it?”

blog comments powered by Disqus