WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Legal profession? Did I get my prepositions wrong? Really weird!

Thanks so much to everyone who replied so quickly to my cry for help this morning.

Here's what's weird.

What I asked was, can anyone help me with stuff about marketing for the legal profession? But everyone then wrote telling me how hard it is to market to the legal profession.

Actually - a small boast - we have not found it hard to market to them. Our biggest triumph last year was a mailing to 1500 lawyers (on a shit database) that produced two sales worth over £150,000 between them - and a total of over £1,000,000 and counting.

This may be the most profitable piece of direct mail I ever had a hand in - and I mean "hand": I hand-signed the letters.

So - thanks - but does anyone know anything about marketing for lawyers? All help gratefully received.

And be careful. It won't take much for me to boast about the letter I wrote last month that got 78% response. But you'd never believe me. We all know nobody reads direct mail any more, don't we?

blog comments powered by Disqus