WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Monday 30 June 2008

Is this a good idea – or just plain bad taste?


An old friend and colleague sent me this.

I imagine every witless, drunken, lecher who has even been to Phuket makes the same joke, but this is the first time I have seen it harnessed by an advertising genius.

Maybe I am a boring old fart, but I hated it.

No need to make jokes about why a lot of can't-get-it-at-home losers go to Thailand. I thought it an insult to the Thais - and a summary of the attitude of a lot of Western tourists.

blog comments powered by Disqus