WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Thursday 21 October 2010

At last! Crap creative makes its entrance, a good joke from Slovenia - and a quick preview for you


My colleague Carol, who has put up with me for over a decade now, has an eagle eye for the ludicrous.


So I must thank her for showing me this example of how not to advertise.

As so often the perpetrator doesn't have enough confidence to sell what is a good proposition - besides knowing nothing about what works and what doesn't.

***

In France and Belgium the unions have decided with even more enthusiasm than our lot that the way to save a failing economy is to stop work.

So their strikes meant that on Tuesday I had to get up at some insane hour to go to La Hulpe, the home of Kodak in Belgium and do a talk.

My friend Ales Lisac was on before me - a tough act to follow as he's very funny. He brought his wife Natalie on the trip.

As he explained, "This is a workshop. I work. My wife shops."

***

Besides being very entertaining, Ales knows a lot about making money in tricky times and will speak at EADIM - a subject you're probably sick to death of.

However, I know one or two people in the U.S. and Australia are miffed that they can't make it.

So to see what you're missing, just go here.

blog comments powered by Disqus