WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Thursday 4 February 2010

A little Antipodean humour: Bundy Rum and King Brown

My esteemed Aussie colleague Malcolm Auld sent me this.

Bundy Rum - Bundaberg Rum - is Queensland's famous product. Forget Jamaica or all that other stuff.

A King Brown is one of the deadliest snakes on earth. Out of the world's top 10, Australia has 5. Mal explains:

When I was recently on holidays I finally got around to going fishing on the Burnett River, Bundaberg, with Barry Cane an old Army mate, but after a while we ran out of worms.

Then I saw a King Brown with a frog in his mouth, and frogs are good bait. Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth, I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bitten. I grabbed my trusty bottle of Bundaberg rum (a Bundy Boy never travels without it) and poured a little rum in its mouth.

His eyes rolled back, he went limp, I released him into the river > without incident, and carried on my fishing with the frog.

A little later I felt a nudge on my foot.

There was that same snake with two frogs in his mouth.

(Malcolm always was a shocking liar).

blog comments powered by Disqus