WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Thursday 22 October 2009

On November 16th I'll be in a secret location near Manchester...

"What kind of Special Agent piffle is that, Bird?" I hear you ask. "Have you lost the last of your few remaining marbles, you mooncalf?"

Not quite. I'm going to be there because everyone keeps telling me you can make scads and scads of cash from social networks, and I ain't - but there's a man who says he knows how it's done and promises he'll tell me.

In fact he seems to know how it's done to such a tune that he's been all over the media like a rash. Also he seems to have good taste in wine, so why not?

His name's Mark Attwood and the only thing I really have against him is that he's been interviewed by Chris Evans. But then we all have out own little career troughs, don't we?

Anyhow, if you too are failing to make scads and scads of cash from blogging, twittering, linking-in, you tubing and facebooking, why not look at http://markattwood.com/ArtOfBlogging2009.html? As you will see it's all blessedly simple stuff.

The other reason to be there is purely that I want to learn more from Ken McCarthy who will also be talking. If you know anything about internet marketing you know Ken's the man who taught most of the people who've made squillions in outer space.

But what might also appeal to you is that Mark's thing is not expensive. (Maybe he's holding it in a field somewhere).

Anyhow, if you decide to go, sidle up to me and say, "Hello, Sailor, it's all your fault."

Seriously, though, the train is leaving. If you don't understand how social media work, you're in danger of becoming a marketing dinosaur. You wouldn't want that, would you?

blog comments powered by Disqus