WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Thursday 1 October 2009

A few more jokes

I bet that fooled you.

You thought I was going to talk about the Demented Toad's idea of filling workhouses with teenage mothers -- but no, not yet.

I got this old faithful which still makes me laugh from my old pal Glenmore:

A firefighter was working on the fire engine outside the Fire Station.

Suddenly he noticed a little girl nearby in a little red wagon with little ladders hung off the sides, and a garden hose, tightly coiled in the middle.

The girl was wearing a firefighter's helmet. The wagon was being pulled along by her dog and her cat.

The firefighter walked over to take a closer look.

''That sure is a nice red fire truck you got there,'' the firefighter said with admiration.

''Why, thank you,'' the little girl replied.

The firefighter looked a little closer.

The girl had tied the wagon to her dog's collar and to the cat's testicles.

''Little partner,'' the firefighter said, "I don't want to tell you how to run your rig, but if you were to tie that rope around the cat's collar, I think you could go faster.''

The little girl nodded happily, ''You're probably right Mister; but then I wouldn't have a siren.''

Now that I've got you in the mood, here's something else Glenmore sent me to look at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/6161567/The-20-funniest-suggestions-from-Google-Suggest.html

Hilarious!

Going back to the workhouses, do you notice a few familiar themes?

Why did the girls get pregnant?

First, because Gordon's tax and benefits system rewards illegitimacy; second, because Gordon's broken education system doesn't train them to get decent jobs; third because Gordon's magnificent economic management means there are no bloody jobs ...

That is, except for the social workers who will "supervise" all these girls. And who will pay for them you may wonder? Look in the mirror, fellow tax payer.


blog comments powered by Disqus