WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Monday 18 January 2010

Got to love some of the stuff you get in the vast Cyberslum we all inhabit

Turning aside reluctantly from a rather forceful injunction by my new friend Eugene Schroeder who says I've "got to bed more chicks in 2010" I scanned this message from a lady in California who works as a "Database Manger".

A bit of a puzzle, really. Isn't a manger something animals eat out of? Is this just another inflammatory sexual invitation, but of a perverse, subtly coded nature?

It seems not, because she asks me if I'm in "a new business generation crisis" pointing out helpfully that "all these strategies - time limits, milestone scheduling, assigning a PoC, etc. - are very effective, but they're worthless if you can't impose an effective marketing partner who can be a one stop shop solutions provider for you."

What I want to know is, what does that rivulet of drivel mean? How do you "impose" a marketing partner. What is the mysterious power of milestones scheduling? How have I ever managed this far without assigning a PoC? What is she talking about, this silly cow in a manger?

I'm never going to get the hang of this marketing stuff. If I want a "one stop shop solutions provider" I'd probably have more funr with Maritza Aldrich (lovely name) who helpfully promised me just now that "You will get BIGGER with this Free trial". What do you think, friends?

blog comments powered by Disqus