WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Sunday 28 June 2009

A good epigraph for Michael J

I see that, just as I feared, mass hysteria rules over Michael Jackson.

The politicians, as usual, sought publicity. Jesse Jackson* whizzed off to get his picture taken, hotly followed by Al Sharpton*, who makes him look the epitome of honesty and moderation. Oily Cameron and Useless Brown sought to exploit it. Idiots compared him with Mozart.

All this excess, to me, diminishes and trivialises his death.

My friend Mike Anderson sent me this, by a poet I had never heard of - Constance Urdang - which I thought put him more in context:

He thought it was Eden - but it was the world.
And so, until it was too late, ignored the lucid glass that sealed the windows hard.
Even forgot to pronounce the "word".

But at the end, when the sky hurled boomerangs at him
And the thunder roared at him with one terrible and final chord -
He knew at last that he had not been spared.
Ran screaming from the mirror - and was mad.

* If you're ever at a loss as to how to make a living, get into the Reverend business - another good example is Ian Paisley, who has a bogus degree from a phoney U.S. University.

blog comments powered by Disqus