WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Sunday 28 June 2009

My favourite Donald Trump joke

I only know two Donald Trump jokes.

One is a book he "wrote" called The Art of the Deal, which was dreadful. The joke was on me because I have a horrible feeling I bought it.

The other is about his approach to deals.

A girl sees him in an elevator. She is thrilled to bits.

"Aren't you Donald Trump?"

"Yes."

"You're my hero. Can I give you a blow-job?"

What's in it for me?"

Like Sugar, Trump is no business genius. From 1992 to 2007 (when it finally emerged from bankruptcy) Trump Entertainment lost $430 million.

He is, however, very smart. Many of the property ventures with his name on them have just that - his name, and no actual participation.

As one financial commentator pointed out:

The Trump name does not come with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee; in other words, a high-profile brand name will in no way trump poor execution in development and non-delivery on contract agreements.

blog comments powered by Disqus