WELCOME TO THE DRAYTON BIRD BLOG - Commonsense about marketing, business and life

Leave now if easily shocked or politically correct. Otherwise, please leave your comments. Statements such as "brilliant", "hugely perceptive", "what a splendid man" and "can I buy you dinner at the restaurant of your choice" are all greeted with glee.

If you like, I'll e-mail you each new dollop of drivel when I publish it. Just click here to subscribe. If you want to succeed faster, get my 101 helpful marketing ideas, one every 3 days. People love them - maybe because they're free. Go to www.draytonbirdcommonsense.com and register. You also a get a free copy of the best marketing book ever written

Friday 26 June 2009

A Serbian Joke

One of my favourite clients is a Serb, but I have never been there.

However, my host this week in Romania and Bulgaria has, and told me something that appealed to me.

It seems the Serbs are a highly carnivorous race, even by Balkan standards. One Serb is alleged to have said, "Until I taste lion, I shall remain convinced that the king of the animals is the pig."

Talking of pigs, Churchill, who was fond of them, said, "Dogs look up to you; cats look down on you; but pigs look at you face to face, as an equal."

blog comments powered by Disqus